Brain Performance contains natural ingredients like vitamin B5 and ginko biloba. These support cognitive functions such as concentration, alertness and memory. Want to improve concentration and cognitive function during the day? Read more about Brain Performance.
Concentration is the ability to focus on a topic or task for prolonged periods. As we age, our ability to concentrate deteriorates and we become more forgetful. Certain vitamins are extremely important for our cognitive processes and mental fitness. Eating a balanced and varied diet can help improve concentration.
Brain Performance contains different vitamins that help to improve concentration, including:
- Vitamin B1, which contributes to good blood supply to the brain
- Vitamin B2, which promotes oxygen consumption in nerve cells
- Vitamins B1 and B2, which improve the protective mechanism of nerve cells to ward off free radicals
- Vitamins B3 and B6, which play an important role in generating energy in human cells such as brain cells
- Vitamin B12, which improves concentration, memory, academic performance and mood and is found in beef, game and eggs
- Choline, which is converted into acetylcholine and supports memory function as we age
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine, which supports the energy metabolism of the brain
- Ginko biloba, which improves blood supply to the brain and has been used to clear the mind for centuries. It ensures effective blood flow to the brain, which helps deliver oxygen and nutrients quickly and efficiently.
- Phosphatidylserine, which is a component of brain cell membranes.
- Griffonia extract, which is rich in 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HTP) and stimulates the production of serotonin. This supports the nervous system and helps improve memory and concentration.
Want to improve your concentration? Sleep more and exercise!
The quality of your cognitive functions is directly related to the quality of your sleep. Sleep, particularly REM sleep, plays an important role in learning and memory. Brain Performance contains seeds from the African Griffonia plant (active ingredient: 5-HTP), which supports the nervous system and helps to improve concentration.
Exercise is known to improve brain health. After all, a healthy body contributes to a healthy mind. Clinical studies have shown that regular exercise improves the condition of brain cells.
1. Lupien SJ et al, 2009;10(6):434-4
2. Knopman D et al, Neurology January 9, 2001 vol. 56 no. 1 42-48
3. Lopez OL et al, Arch Neurol. 2003;60(10):1385-1389
4. Miller MA, Front Neurol, 2015 Oct 23;6:224
5. Butterworth RF, Alcohol 1989;24(4):271-9
6. Berridge MJ, Prion, 2013;7(1):2-13
7. Hudson S and Tabet N, Cochrane Data- base Syst Rev 2003;(2):CD003158.
8. Montgomery SA et al, Int Clin Psychopharmacol 2003;18:61–71.
9. Bigford GE and Del Rossi G, Adv Nutr. 2014 Jul; 5(4): 394–403
10. Birks J et al, Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2002;(4):CD003120
11. Tan MS et al, J Alzheimers Dis. 2015;43(2):589-603
12. Glade MJ and Smith K, Nutrition, 2015(31(6):781-6