Technical Calcium Carbonates as anti-microbial activity booster in paints and coatings
One of the key strategies to slow down the expansion of Covid 19 focuses on the disinfection of all surfaces that might be in contact with this coronavirus, specially in hospitals, geriatrics and public institutions.
In response to this need new paint and coating formulations that provide a disinfecting and anti-microbial behaviour have been developed. They build up an effective and long-lasting barrier against yeast, fungi, bacteria and viruses.
For the formulation of this paints and coatings one of the main components are the Micral®(1) ultra-white Technical Calcium Carbonates. They act as anti-microbial activity booster based on the grounds of the following main features:
- Dispersing effect on the disinfecting and anti-microbial agents contained in those paints and coatings. This ensures their homogeneous distribution, by hindering the appearance of agglomerates, and boosts their activity.
- They promote the formation of a protective layer:
- Compact and uniform in thickness
- With a low surface porosity
- With a low resin absorption
- With a high hiding power
- With low VOC
The product range Micral® is made up of the following Technical Calcium Carbonates:
- Micral® Tixtender for the maximum hiding power
- Micral® 1 for a high hiding power
- Micral® 2 for semi-matt finish coatings
- Micral® 5 for matt finish coatings
(1) The company Graphenstone (Iedisa) uses them in their formulations containing dispersions of graphene nanofibers.
For more information please contact us:
934 545 393
C/Mallorca, 272, 2º • 08037 • Barcelona • España
Tel. +34 934 545 393 • Fax +34 933 236 673 • email@example.com